[Case Study] Las Vegas Bachelor Party
Planning Vegas for Large Groups – Case Summary
- Total months of planning: 6
- Total attendees: 20
- Total number of suites: 1
- Total number of beds / couches in suite: 14
- Total number of in-suite bartenders: 3
- Total number of group events over weekend: 5
- Total number of bottles ordered in VIP sections: 72
- Total budget: USD $40,000 ($2,000 per person; included lodging, food/drinks, and entertainment)
Among the thousands of Las Vegas bachelor parties that Discotech has helped plan over the years, a handful stand out head-and-shoulders above the rest. One of these epic stag do’s took place in August 2018; it was a larger-than-life affair bringing together 20 amped-up gentlemen from the East Coast (NYC), West Coast (LA / SF), Dirty South (DC), overseas (Seoul, Korea!) and even a few Vegas locals for an unforgettable 3.5 days of revelry to honor the man of the hour: a perfect gentleman by the name of Woody.
Planning a Bachelor Party for a Large Group on a Budget
Why is planning a bachelor party for a large group so difficult?
- Dinner reservations – limited number of places that can seat large groups, people have different cuisine preferences
- Hotel rooms / suites – need to decide on location, negotiate a discount deal, and make sure that it can accommodate the group within their set budget
- Activities – people have different preferences, not all activities can accommodate large groups
- Nightclubs / pool parties – getting 4-5 people into a Vegas club can be a huge headache already; getting 15-20 – and all guys! – would be a nightmare, if not flat-out impossible, without a host.
- Promoters – Many shady characters in Vegas nightlife seek to take advantage of naive visitors by obscuring the truth about how much VIP tables really cost and what amenities are included with the VIP experience; this dishonesty leads to customers getting hustled, their expectations not met, and their money spent inefficiently.
Discotech is your subject matter expert when it comes to planning large group trips to Vegas, and of course for bachelor parties of any size. Here’s how we helped Woody’s big group of twenty pull off the no-holds-barred bachelor party of a lifetime.
Discotech was able to create an unforgettable guest experience for our bachelor Woody, his Best Man and lead planner JB, and their large bachelor party entourage in support, due to our following core principles:
- Responsiveness: Immediate, informative, and thorough communication with the Woody and JB at initial contact and frequently early on in the planning process
- Transparency: Constant, accurate information disclosure in real-time, both in the months leading up to the weekend and in real time over the course of the weekend
- Presence: Highly experienced host staff on-call and on-site during the bachelor weekend to ensure all events coordinated on schedule and on budget
- Knowledge: With over two decades of experience held by Discotech and its Vegas local host partners, we know every in and out of Vegas nightlife and entertainment. This experience allows us to provide helpful input on any and every proposed idea, as well as build out best-fit itineraries for groups with little or no experience in Vegas party planning, based on what’s worked for our previous clients.
Execution: Flawless, mistake-free execution according to the agreed-upon and finalized plan and pricing – as well as rapid solutions to any unexpected itinerary and/or budget changes – has allowed Discotech to showcase that we are experts in our field and our service is unrivaled.
With Las Vegas nightlife services being such a competitive landscape, we needed to provide Woody, JB, and the boys a top-of-the-line itinerary full of Instagram-worthy moments to reward their faith in choosing us. The bachelor and his crew needed assistance with three basic tasks:
- Booking one of the premier luxury hotel suites on the Las Vegas Strip;
- Booking a Vegas nightclub VIP experience for Friday night;
- Booking a Vegas dayclub VIP experience for Saturday afternoon.
More importantly, they needed this task executed quickly and comprehensively, from a proven company with considerable experience and access to a variety of options to ensure best-fit final choices and no unexpected snags or hiccups for any of the guys in the group .
Once we got the green light from the ringleader JB that funds were collected from all participants and the per-event budgets set, we immediately set out to define – then blow through – the expectations for all of the attendees in their group. We knew that many of the attendees were experienced nightlife partygoers but somewhat new to the Discotech platform and services, and thus could become high-value repeat customers not only on future Vegas trips but on future party nights in their home cities. So, we made it a point to send intro emails to each of the 20 participants to let them know they were in good hands and also to elicit suggestions on how to make the weekend better. (A few of the guys came up with good ideas from past trips; others volunteered some hilarious – and some borderline raunchy – Vegas stories not quite fit for print here.)
Day 1 Bachelor Party Agenda Details (Friday)
Morning: Woody, JB, and a few others arrived earlier than the rest of the pack on red-eye flights from New York City; as a result, they were able to secure an early check-in to the group’s palatial resort digs for the weekend. With the advice of Discotech, they had booked the Forum Tower Duplex Suite at Caesars’ Palace – an older yet still well-kept cavernous two-story royal headquarters offering a convenient central Strip location and, more importantly, at a comparatively affordable market price for a large group luxury suite option with ample bed and couch space for 20 gents to crash together.
Afternoon: With the group’s bachelor weekend WhatsApp chat set up and already on fire with inside jokes and memories from past party time, the rest of the bachelor’s crew began arriving into town and coordinating shared rides from the airport to Caesars’ to save some money. All group members were instructed to drop their bags off at the suite and immediately report to Caesars’ Garden of the Gods – one of the best non-dayclub pools on the Vegas Strip – for the “welcome meeting” and drinks poolside with Woody.
Evening: With the bachelor being a huge sports buff, the group decided to forgo a run-of-the-mill fancy steakhouse and instead have a casual feast / boozefest / game watch at Tilted Kilt Las Vegas, the best sports bar – and one of the best bars, period – on the Las Vegas Strip.
Late night: No sir, this wasn’t a “walk the strip and barhop” group or “calm before the storm” kind of night. A clubhead for nearly two decades since his high school days in Seoul, Woody knew from the start he wanted an epic night full of flashing lights, pulsating music, and lifelong memories at one of the best clubs in the world. The clear call was Omnia LV, which had global EDM DJ phenom Martin Garrix performing that night. Discotech and its local host partners were able to arrange for Woody’s bachelor crew the best prime dance floor table in the house hands-down, with phenomenal views of both the stage and Omnia’s world-famous dynamic giant spaceship light show installation descending from the ceiling in sync with the music.
Day 2 Bachelor Party Agenda Details (Saturday)
Daytime: POOL PARTY!! And not just any pool party, but Encore Beach Club – arguably the best of the top pool parties on the Strip (and in the world!) and one of Woody’s “Happiest Places on Earth.” We were able to arrange VIP table service at one of EBC’s poolside Lily Pads – a large orbital daybed in the water with a large umbrella offering shade. Not only that, through our long-standing door connections there we were able to get the guys the following upgrades at no additional charge to the group:
- Prime section / table location with unobstructed views of stage
- Central Lily Pad in middle of main pool and right next to packed dance floor with heavy foot traffic
- VIP Bottle procession, presentation, and signage spelling out bachelor’s name
- Complimentary spray champagne for bachelor
- Two complimentary bottles of house vodka + mixers
- Additional private security / bouncer staff for table
Afternoon / Early Evening: EBC hit its party peak from 2:30pm to around 4pm, but Woody’s group of extraordinary party animals stayed all the way until 6:30pm to shut the club down (and give away their excess alcohol bottles). Afterward, the group stumbled back to Caesars’ to enjoy some free time and recover a bit; a group dinner was to be skipped and the arranged meet-up time was for 10pm. Individuals and small groups broke off and engaged in one or more of these common Vegas activities:
- Grabbed a casual bite
- Walked the Strip for sightseeing
- Bought liquor and snacks for the night’s festivities
- Went shopping
- Napped / relaxed at pool
- Scheduled in-room massage
- Got in a quick workout at Caesars’ gym
- Called wife / girlfriend / kids
- Tried their luck at the blackjack, craps, and roulette tables
Late Evening: Everyone was awake from their naps, showered, and ready to go no later than 10:30pm. The first floor of the suite was the rendezvous point for the crew, and pregame drinks were ready in that room for everyone to hit the ground running.
Woody’s vision for Saturday night was not to hit the club once more, but to bring the club to him. With the large group size offering the unique opportunity and budget to do so and Discotech advising and contributing its local connections to organizing the logistics, the bachelor group was able to throw a “homies house party” inside of a spacious baller Vegas suite complete with a DJ, laser lights, live themed entertainment (stilt-walkers & fire-breathers), body-painted professional bartenders, copious food & drink, ice luges, drinking games, & fun friends old and new mingling.
The chosen theme for the bash in the two-story Forum Tower was “Heaven and Hell” and the results were nothing short of spectacular:
Late Night / Early Morning: The suite party raged well past three in the morning, but as mentioned there were some SERIOUS party animals in this group. Some of the guys that weren’t too tired or too drunk to compete for the “Last Man Standing” Award did in fact make it to the out to the strip clubs in Las Vegas, a standard item on most bachelor party agendas. The selected destinations to put the final nightcap on this legendary Vegas bachelor party were Discotech’s top two choices: Sapphire Gentlemen’s Club and Spearmint Rhino. (No pictures or stories from those events, of course.)
Bachelor Party Aftermath
Come Sunday morning, the post-party carnage in the Caesars’ suite was NOT pretty:
What WAS pretty though, was the stat sheet:
- Damage caused to Forum Towers Suite (in USD): $0
- Number of deaths or serious injuries: 0
- Number of arrests / detentions: 1 (story for another time)
- Number of flights home missed: 0
So… we consider that a YUUUGGE scoreboard win, and a successful Vegas bachelor party weekend on all counts!!! With many of the guys being highly experienced party veterans of Las Vegas and other cities, the standards and the hype were pretty sky-high going into the weekend. Still, Woody’s crew was able to live up to those lofty expectations and accomplish all of the group plans within its set budget, thanks in part to Discotech’s input and support. In the process, each of the fellas gained a positive lasting impression for Discotech, and we gained 20 new “power user” clients, a host of new friends, and a handful of tall tales to be told to future generations.
And our bachelor Woody? He was ecstatic his boys had a blast, he lived happily ever after, and he left Sin City on Sunday afternoon the same way he came in:
As a TOTAL saint.
Planning a large group bachelor party to Las Vegas? Reach out to us directly at 415-735-6716 or email@example.com. You can also reach us on Whatsapp at +1-323-405-8824.
Are you planning a bachelor or bachelorette party trip to Vegas soon? Discotech is your ultimate solution for lining up your lodging and entertainment plans. We’ve already built our reputation helping THOUSANDS of satisfied clients around the world with their standard Vegas weekend party needs.
- We’ve been featured on BBC Travel and we are also highly reviewed on Yelp! and in both the App Store and Google Play.
- 6+ years experience in the Vegas nightlife game, we’ve also successfully serviced dozens of corporate entities and large groups of 50 or more clients.
- What we know from our experience is this: like Sin City itself, large group planning is NOT for the lazy nor for the faint of heart.
Failure to plan ahead – even if it’s just days or hours ahead – is one of the biggest mistakes that we see countless groups make on a weekly basis, and it inevitably results in financial and logistical headaches – and embarrassing moments at the velvet ropes of entry – that could easily have been avoided. Even if you’ve partied in Vegas many times in the past in smaller groups, and you’ve got numerous friends in high and low places who are willing to offer sound and not-so-sound recommendations – for large groups ou NEED to have a true professional to guide you. Discotech can take all your custom inputs (group size, music preferences, nightclub/pool party, budget, location, food preferences, etc) and crank out your group’s perfect weekend itinerary to turn you and your planning committee into Sin City superheroes.