Hawthorn is located at 46 Geary St
5 PM – 12 AM Tues, Wed, Thurs, 9 PM – 2 AM Fri, Sat
The former Lot 46 location on Geary and Kearny has long sat vacant, but there’s a new taker in the form of Hawthorn, an upcoming bar, lounge and nightclub due to open on July 1st.
The new spot comes from business partners Chadwick Baumbach (Kimpton Group, La Costanera) and Gabriel McWilliams. Designed as a bar and sunken late-night lounge and dance floor, the focus will be on a cocktail menu designed by Ethan Terry (Alembic, 15 Romolo), as well as a Void Tri-motion sound system that’s billed as the first of its kind in North America.
Terry will seek to escape the general mediocrity of club cocktails with a menu of seven cocktails that follow the artisanal bent of the city’s elevated cocktail scene. Though the full drink menu isn’t yet available, we do know there’ll be a Midori Sour variant called the “Mucho Melon Sour,” (vodka, fresh cantaloupe, house-made jalapeño juice, lemon, Chareau Aloe liqueur and egg white).
Also on the team are Nate Mezmer (EyeHeartSF), who will be in charge of booking musical talent, and Jenny Kiely (Mars Bar), who’ll manage front-of-house affairs. The interior design comes from Joshua Rowland Design Team, and aims for a a warm and sultry feel, with Austrian drapes and lavender ceiling swathes in addition to low lounge-style seating. At present, it’s not clear whether Lot 46’s treacherous set of stairs will remain to challenge future inebriates.
- Sunshine features a top of the line VOID sound system as well as gogo dancers
- Free popcorn machine
- There is a bar / lounge area as well as a dance floor
- Happy hour specials daily:
- Tuesdays: Bourbon mixed drinks and old fashions are 5 dollars. They also serve quality bourbon so you feel like a brand new person after one of these!!
- Wednesdays – The coveted SANFRANPISCO drinks offers 5 dollars for Pisco mixed drinks. I usually get myself a Pisco Negroni – might want to ask them to make it less bitter if you don’t like the earthy taste of a negroni!
- Thursdays: Manhattans – Thirst is real folks, They also have bumping chill music!
- Fridays: Different drink specials all across the board and great way to start your Friday night.
Where is Hawthorn located?
Hawthorn is located on Geary street between Grant and Kearny.
How much is cover charge at Hawthorn?
Cover charge is usually $20.
How long will I have to wait at Hawthorn?
The bouncers at Hawthorne are usually pretty good about getting people in the door quickly.
When is Hawthorn open?
Hawthorn is open from 5 PM – 12 AM on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 5 PM – 2 AM on Thurs and Fridays, 9 PM – 2 AM on Saturdays.
What are the best nights to go to Hawthorn?
All nights are pretty good – go during the week for happy hour, go on the weekend for a more club like atmosphere!
What is the dress code at Hawthorn?
Its a pretty upscale bar / lounge, so dress appropriately!
Is there parking near Hawthorn?
There are garages that are a block away on Sutter.
How much do drinks cost at Hawthorn?
Cocktails range from $10-15.
Who are the resident DJs?
Hawthorn features mostly local SF talent.
What kind of music do they play at Hawthorn?
There are two rooms that play different types of music – usually one hip hop room and one electronic.
Where can I find an list of upcoming events / DJs at Hawthorn?