You heard it here first: the Roosevelt has officially gone mad.
But not mad as in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest. Mad as in monkeys. A burlesque troupe. And the occasional flying little person…
Welcome to Hollywood’s grand new theater of the insane: Beacher’s Madhouse.
It all starts under a staircase in the depths of the Roosevelt, where you’ll find a sexy librarian and some bookshelves. Harmless enough.
If you’ve reserved a table in advance, she’ll stamp your newly issued library card and allow you past those bookshelves, which are actually doors, and into an ornate red-curtained theater. All the tables face the stage, but only one of them is a giant birdcage.
As your night unfolds, the stage will host all manner of revolving acts. Think: contortionists, impersonators and beautiful women who’ve misplaced much of their wardrobe.
Oh, and when you get thirsty, head to the Midget Bar. That’s what they call it, right there in red neon letters. It’s very small. And staffed by little people who make little martinis from little airplane-size bottles. (So you’ll want to take baby sips.)
But if you’re comfortable where you’re at, your bartender will strap into a track on the ceiling and fly across the theater to you, booze in hand.
Whatever you do, don’t order a double.
- Nightly acts include burlesque, live music, acrobatics, stand-up comedy, animal shows, contortionists, DJs, audience participation contests like Karaoke Rockstar and Dance Idol, and more.
- The show we attended included a 1′ 11″ stripper, sword-swallowing, a great magician, a great pop band, really, really hot burlesque, trannies, Barney, a hip-hop violinist, and a score of tripped-out, hilarious acts!
- Jeff Beacher and David Arquette are roaming about and they personally greet you, they say hello, they will pose for a photo.
- A flying midget comes by to drop off bottles at your table.
- This is one of the craziest show / parties in town!
Where is Beacher’s Madhouse LA located?
Beacher’s Madhouse is located inside Roosevelt Hotel at 7000 Hollywood Blvd.
How much is cover charge at Beacher’s Madhouse?
Beacher’s does not have general admission – in order to gain entry you need to either get bottle service or buy tickets.
How long will I have to wait at Beacher’s Madhouse?
The waits are usually not that bad because they don’t do general admission.
When is Beacher’s Madhouse open?
Beacher’s Madhouse is open certain Fridays and Mondays. See upcoming shows here!
What are the best nights to go to Beacher’s Madhouse?
Both Mondays and Fridays are good!
What is the dress code at Beacher’s Madhouse?
Dress to impress! Collared shirt / jeans / dress shoes for guys. Avoid anything that can be considered sportswear (track jackets, jerseys, sneakers, hats, etc).
How much do drinks cost at Beacher’s Madhouse?
All prices subject to change: Beer $9–$12, wine $10–$15, cocktails $12–$20, bottle service $450+
What kind of music do they play at Beacher’s Madhouse?
Beacher’s Madhouse is more of a show than a club – they play a variety of different music types.
Where can I find an list of upcoming events / DJs at Beacher’s Madhouse?
You can download the Discotech app to see upcoming events, and book tables for Beacher’s Madhouse.