Marriage isn’t for the faint of heart, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t worthwhile. Sin City is most definitely not for the faint of heart, but it too is worth the adventure. Great- a match made in heaven! Who cares if Vegas is the cliche Bachelor / Stag Party destination. It has earned that title for a reason. It’s time to send your best bud off to his next adventure into an unknown world of commitment and love. But first- it’s time to celebrate.. on a major scale.
The thing about Vegas you should acknowledge before planning the wildest weekend of your life is that it is impossible to be disappointed if you go in knowing what to expect. Expect to spend the equivalent to one month of rent (or more). Expect to leave feeling like every ounce of energy has been drained from your sorry, hungover soul. Expect hoping that this weekend’s escapades will never be brought up in front of anyone respectful. And of course, expect one helluva time.
Now let’s get to the details.
Bachelor Party Pre-planning
A solid group of 6-8 people is perfect. That way, everyone can book rooms in pairs on their own. Also, this is a good size group to split bottle service tables with because too little people would be WAY more expensive. Pick a region of the strip and make sure everyone coordinates to stay in a hotel in that area- if not in the same hotel. It’s best if everyone books rooms in the same hotel, for obvious reasons.
Try to plan for the bachelor weekend to be during a hot, eventful time that is not a holiday. Create a group text to figure all the details out and have the most well-connected friends reach out to Las Vegas promoters to lock down prices for tables weeks before. Or, to make the process easier, go on the Discotech app and search bottle service. The group text will also become a forum for discussing the debauchery all the guys are looking forward to!
As the weekend approaches, it’s time to start hitting the gym. No shame in working on a tan too! Remember, this is Vegas!
The Game Plan
We’ve created a guide game plan that seems like the perfect way to spend the weekend giving your pal a farewell to the single, wild, and free life.
- Late afternoon: Arrive and check in to the hotel, grab a few drinks and get situated
- Night: Group dinner at a nice steakhouse
- Late night: Walk the strip and bar hop or hangout in the hotel bar. Hit up the casino if you have self-control. Remember you need that money the fund the next two days! This is the “calm before the storm” night.
- Daytime: POOL PARTY!! Book a cabana or daybed for bottle service at a poppin’ pool party. Find the hottest event that weekend and go see a favorite DJ. For a Saturday day party, Wet Republic or Encore Beach Club are ALWAYS a good idea. Between the killer lineups and badass surroundings, these pools are a go-to for parties all Summer long. If you’re looking for a hip hop spot, we recommend Daylight or Rehab.
- If you’re not up for the day drinking, there are a plethora of other bachelor friendly activities in Vegas.
- Fly a fighter Jet – If you’ve ever harbored a Top Gun fantasy, well, grab your aviators, Maverick. Sky Combat Ace is the closest most of us will ever come to feeling the rush of a fighter pilot dancing through the skies. Book the Top Gun package, then get behind the controls and, with the aid of an instructor, undertake aerobatic maneuvers like torque rolls, tail spins and the hammerhead stall (that’s the one where the plane points up, stalls and drops backwards toward the earth). But don’t stop there: Sky Combat also offers air combat experiences, where you can ride along or pilot during simulated aerial dogfights and low level bombing runs.
- Catch some Hockey – After years of aspiring to major league status, Las Vegas has finally joined the club this year with NHL expansion team Vegas Golden Knights. For those who clucked over how a hockey squad would draw with all the other entertainment options in close proximity, the answer is now apparent: really damn well. Seeing a Golden Knights game at the T-Mobile Arena isn’t just another hour of skating and sticking. It’s hockey a la Las Vegas, complete with celebs on the Jumbotron, “Viva Las Vegas” and a little extra glitz thrown in the mix. And when the puck stops spinning, you’re still on the Strip. Which might make a Golden Knights match the best pregame in town.
- Catch a Show – Cirque du Soleil’s enchanting spectacles have long been the dominant entertainment force on the Strip, but they’ve helped give birth to something a bit more… naughty. Absinthe is one part circus, one part pelvic-thrusting comedy show, performed inside an intimate spiegeltent, where the acrobats are often teetering above your head. The ring-leader Gazillionaire’s explicit jokes set the tone, but the performers steal the show with killer dance moves, high-wire daring and other acts that are equal parts astounding, arousing and just plain strange. You’ll laugh, you’ll gasp, you’ll uncontrollably blush. This ain’t your mama’s Vegas show.
- Race some Exotic Cars – At the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, home of several NASCAR races each year, you can spend the day behind the wheel of vehicles straight out of a Hollywood action flick: Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens and Porsches, all gassed up and ready to go. Book a session with Dream Racing, who will put you in a simulator before you saddle up and buckle your safety belt. Then hit the track and hold on tight. With an instructor riding shotgun, you’ll satisfy your adrenaline addiction but never feel out of control.
- Throw an Axe – Channel your inner lumberjack or Viking at Axe Monkeys, a new range dedicated to the old-school art of chucking low-tech weapons at wood. Reserve a lane or two, absorb a quick safety briefing, than grab an axe, step to the line and throw. Not only is pitching an axe a pretty good rush, but the learning curve is steep, so you’ll be nailing your attempts in no time. When you’re ready to take it to the next level, upgrade to ninja stars, throwing knives or even metal player cards. You’re just one martini and a good suit away from 007 status.
- Shoot some guns – Sure, you crush at Call of Duty, but have you ever actually held a sniper rifle in your hand and pulled the trigger? You can at Battlefield Vegas, where they have AR-15s, AK-47s and Glock 17s available for your target practice pleasure. Book packages inspired by video games, Platoon or even World War II, and you’ll learn how to safely operate a wide variety of weaponry. Free Humvee pickups are available and, for a cool $2,500, you can even crush a car in an Abrams tank. Only in Las Vegas.
- Play with Construction Equipment – Push, pull and rip your way to excitement on D5G Bulldozers and Excavators with DigThis Vegas. After a safety orientation and warm up, you take the controls while your Dig This instructor guides you through a series of three exercises including Building huge mounds, Pushing gigantic tires and finally Teeter-Tottering over a mega mound!
- Nighttime: After the pool party, try to crash out for a bit. Squeezing in a one hour nap WILL save you. An insane Saturday afternoon MUST be followed by an epic Saturday night. Head to Omnia or Hakkasan and have a table booked by the stage. Revel in the bass and take in the perfectly overwhelming atmosphere until the wee hours of the morning.
- Late night / After Hours: There’s something to be said about those that can make it to this time. If that includes your entire group- you guys are some party veterans! From the hours of 4-8 am, a strip club is definitely on the agenda. Head to Sapphire Gentlemen’s Club for 24/7 raunchy fun- the perfect way to close out the insanity of Saturday’s happenings. If you’re looking to continue dancing, we recommend Drais After Hours.
- Late morning: When you begin to roll out of bed, or (let’s face it you haven’t slept) start noticing the hangover is creeping in- do not let it! It’s time to kill two birds with one stone. Nothing is more notorious for accomplishing that than… BRUNCH! Vegas brunch buffets combine the best of both worlds- upscale, flavorful dining and the theme of “overdoing it” that Vegas knows all too well. Have a couple mimosas and indulge in the exquisite array of all sorts of breakfast/ lunch items. You will feel ready to take on the world in no time!
- Afternoon: This is the only intermission from partying for the weekend- but it will not be a break from adrenaline at all. The Las Vegas area has several daytime adventures and excursions visitors often forget about. We think the best way to get the blood flowing and the excitement building is to take the team to the desert for some ATV riding!
- Night: Okay, okay- the anticipation is killing you. How are you going to close out the last night of this legendary send-off to your no longer single friend?! XS Night Swim! Magical is an understatement. Everything about this Summer-long Sunday event is flawless, from the top tier DJ acts to the top notch cocktail servers.
- You made it! Drink water and share pictures in your group text. TIme for a much needed recovery day at home before you are all back to work. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!