After three months of darkness, Austin bars will be allowed to turn the lights on beginning this Friday.
Texas bars are allowed to reopen on Friday, May 22, as part of second phase of the state’s reopening program. Bars can only operate at 25 percent indoor capacity and full outdoor capacity while also adhering to novel coronavirus mitigation and social distancing requirements and recommendations. This includes sticking to table service (rather than have customers order at the bar), using disposable glassware, and discouraging dancing.
Austin Nightclubs Currently Open
- Rose Room
- Vulcan Gas Company
- Tipsy Alchemist: The Austin branch of the Dallas bar is reopening for service on Friday. (70 Rainey Street, Downtown)
- Parker Jazz Club: The downtown bar and music venue is reopening on Friday through reservations only, with performances by its house band. The band will play for 90 minutes, and the club will be cleared after each set for cleaning purposes. (117 West Fourth Street, Downtown)
Austin Bars Currently Open
- 77 Degrees: The rooftop bar is reopening on Friday. (11500 Rock Rose Avenue, Domain Northside)
- B.D. Riley’s: The Mueller location of the Irish pub is reopening its indoor space and patio on Friday. There’s what is referred to as a “full time health captain,” and employees will wear masks. (1905 Aldrich Street, Mueller)
- Barton Springs Saloon: The South Austin dive bar is reopening on Friday. (424 South Lamar Boulevard, Zilker)
- Austin bar owner Bob Woody’s downtown bars — Shakespeare’s Pub, The Ranch, Buford’s Beer Garden, and Buckshot
- Broken Spoke: Now that the honky-tonk is able to legally reopen because of its license type, it is opening its doors this Friday, per Austin 360. Staffers will wear masks and owner James M. White will wear one, but will take it off if a guest wants to take a photo with him. (3201 South Lamar Boulevard, South Lamar)
- Celis Brewery: The North Austin brewery is reopening its taproom this Friday. (10001 Metric Boulevard, North Burnet)
- Friends and Allies Brewery: The East Austin brewery is reopening its indoor (max of 25 people at a time) and patio space this Friday. It’ll use disposable cups and accept contactless payments, while still selling to-go beers. (979 Springdale Road, Govalle)
- Half Step: The downtown bar is reopening just its patio on Monday, May 25 with table service and a special cocktail menu. (75 1/2 Rainey Street, Downtown)
- Haymaker: While the Cherrywood sports bar could’ve reopened its space earlier this month because of its license, it chose to wait until phase two to reopen this Friday at half-capacity. There’s no bar service, but drinks will be served in glasses unless disposable cups are requested. Menus will be available through QR codes and physical disposable versions are available by request. (2310 Manor Road, Cherrywood)
- Hops & Grain: The East Austin brewery is maintaining its to-go service while also reopening its patio right now for people who want to drink on the premises. Orders can be placed through its website or the in-person counter, drinks will be served in disposable cups, and there will be hand sanitizer stations. The taproom will reopen on Friday through reservations only via the website or email. The brewery plans on only seating 25 people in total in the indoor space at a time. (507 Calles Street, East Austin)
- Icenhauer’s: The downtown bar is reopening on Friday. (83 Rainey Street, Downtown)
- Jack & Ginger’s: The Rock Rose Irish bar is reopening on Friday. (11500 Rock Rose Avenue, Domain Northside)
- Kung Fu Saloon: Kung Fu Saloon: Both locations of Kung Fu Saloon — downtown and Rock Rose — are reopening immediately on Friday as of midnight.
- P6: The rooftop bar at the Line Hotel is reopening on Friday. (111 East Cesar Chavez Street, Downtown)
- Posse East: The campus-area bar is reopening its outdoor space for dine- and drink-in service, while still offering to-go food. (2900 Duval Street, Central Austin)
- Red Horn Coffee & Brewing Co.: The Cedar Park brewery and cafe is reopening its outdoor area for dine-/drink-in service. (13010 West Parmer Lane, Suite 800, Cedar Park)
- Sellers Underground: The downtown bar is reopening on Friday. Masks will be required for guests (except when seating and for drinking purposes). (213 West Fourth Street, Downtown)
- Seven Grand and Las Perlas: The downtown whiskey and mezcal bars are reopening on Monday, May 25 with table service. On-site taco truck Asador will serve food from the shared patio. (405 East Seventh Street, Downtown)
- South Austin Beer Garden: The beer garden and dive bar is reopening on Friday. (10700 Menchaca Road, Far South Austin)
- Vista Brewing: The Hill Country brewery is reopening its beer garden on Friday through required reservations, while still offering takeout/curbside service and operating its market. Everything will be served in disposable packaging, and flights and pitchers aren’t being sold. Children are welcomed and included in party numbers (six or less), but the playground is closed. Masks are required when guests aren’t sitting down. (13551 Ranch to Market Road 150, Driftwood)
- Warehouse Billiard Bar: The South Austin bar is reopening on Tuesday, May 26, and the temperatures of both staffers and guests will be checked. (509 East Ben White Boulevard, East Congress)
- Wonder Bar: The Instagram-geared Rock Rose bar is reopening on Friday. (11500 Rock Rose Avenue, Domain Northside)
Are you a nightclub owner or bar that would like to be added to this list? Feel free to email us at email@example.com.